Stretching your playground equipment budget:
Buying playground equipment requires a wealth of resources including funds and manpower. With some commitment from your local community, you can save thousands with these tips. Here’s how your playground equipment budget will normally be allocated by percentage with a typical turn-key project:
- Playground Grants– See our playground equipment grants page listed above.
- Playground Equipment Sales– Make sure that you’re able to take advantage of any of several substantial sales taking place throughout the year. Discounts range from 20%-30% & may include free items!!
- Build it yourself (Community Build)-The next largest portion of your budget is installation. We can provide the option to supervise your project if you have a committed group of volunteers willing to donate their weekend, tools, & their sweat (only consider for projects >$14000)
- Self-install– Playland offers detailed instructions intended for the layman with no experience installing playground equipment. Our industry partners choose Playland for their explicit instructions and ease of installation.
- Lease Option– Installment payment options are available for those with cashflow variances. This is a suitable alternative to Phased-in projects.
- DIY mulch/in-fill & borders– We’ll let you know how much mulch is necessary to meet today’s safety standards so you can shop your local providers. Borders are largely just a containment for your in-fill and there are several options that can be purchased locally including: wood, conduit, rubber, playground timbers.